Lead Commissioner, SEND and Health – Children’s Integrated Commissioning
Tempest Executive are hiring for an Interim Lead Commissioner, SEND and Health reporting to the Assistant Director – Children’s Integrated Commissioning. The potholder, alongside senior colleagues, will be responsible for setting and implementing the organisation’s strategic and operational direction for children, young people, CAMHs and maternity commissioning, with a special focus on SEND and Health.
The post will require joint working and collaboration with the wider commissioning team, working on a series of cross-cutting themes, as well as considering wider partnerships across the Council, NHS and voluntary sector.
- The potholder will be expected to establish, lead and maintain positive relationships and work proactively with provider organisations, including primary care colleagues and key Trusts, as well as with internal stakeholders including education and social care; all to support the delivery of transformational change.
- To oversee, lead and set out strategic need for needs analysis and other evidence collection in order to develop, implement and review children’s services-related commissioning strategies. The post holder will be expected to play a lead role in an integrated partnership with key stakeholders, colleagues and the community, in a politically sensitive environment, to co-design and co-produce outcome based commissioning.
- The post holder is required to undertake complex case-work with families, particularly regarding the Learning Disability and Autism programme and Children’s Continuing Healthcare (CHC). They will be responsible for the budget relating to CHC and will chair the associated panel.
- Maternity Cover up to 12 months
- Remote working
- Inside IR35
- Interviews week commencing 27th October
For a further discussion and full JD please contact Charlotte Newton at Tempest Executive.
Tempest Executive’s consultants are Local Government specialists in their sectors with more than 50 years combined experience. Our extensive network and understanding of our clients’ and candidates’ needs, means that we consistently place the best candidates in hard-to-fill roles within short time frames. We provide value for money and a first class aftercare service. To find out more about what we can offer, contact us now.