Tempest Executive are hiring for an Investment & Resident Safety Programme Director for a local authority.
As a senior leader within the Council the Head of Service will
1.Ensure that people process’ and resources are in place to deliver effectively.
2. Holds others to account.
3. Identify and develop talent within your service
4. Ensure budgets for services and/or programmes are managed to time and cost with an eye to both efficiency and effectiveness
5. Monitor performance with rigour and act with pace on any areas of concern
6. Develop and ensure that service improvement programmes and plans are in place
7. Ensures effective communication processes are in place
8. Represent the Housing service internally and externally in relation to all stock investment and building safety matters, and ensure the Council’s reputation in all key dialogues with residents, government and other stakeholders
9.Work colligatively across the Councils Place Directorate to ensure that new housing schemes are designed and constructed in accordance with the Councils requirements, in regards to quality and safety;
10. Support Registered Providers operating across the Borough, to ensure that all residents, irrespective of Landlord are safe within their homes;
11. Lead on the development and delivery of the Councils housing asset management strategy, ensuring that the stock is regularly reviewed to ensure synergy with housing needs and that financial resources are prioritised to ensure that residents homes are safe, secure and sustainable.
12. Lead on the delivery of the Councils capital stock investment and building safety programmes, (Circa £85-55m pa). Ensuring that robust governance is in place to ensure that works are procured, designed and delivered to the quality expected by our residents; the Council, as Client and the Social Housing Regulator.
13. Lead on the development of our Building Safety and Fire Safety Strategies, ensuring that residents are at the centre of our service; that adequate engagement opportunities are in place and that risks are robustly addressed.
14. Lead on the delivery of the Councils Landlord Compliance programmes; ensuring the Council has adequate testing, inspection and assurance programmes in place to meet its statutory and regulatory responsibilities.
15. Provide expert support and high-level assistance to other Council services in relation to building safety issues
16. As a member of the senior leadership team in Housing and Regeneration attend all relevant events and provide management cover if necessary
17. Attend meetings, internal and external, to report on safety issues; provide expert leadership on all health and safety issues in Council housing
18. Any other duties reasonably requested by management
19. Carry out all accountabilities in compliance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures
Negotiable rates of pay depending on your experience! If this role interests you please email me at email@example.com
Tempest Executive’s consultants are Local Government specialists in their sectors with more than 50 years combined experience. Our extensive network and understanding of our clients’ and candidates’ needs, means that we consistently place the best candidates in hard-to-fill roles within short time frames. We provide value for money and a first class aftercare service. To find out more about what we can offer, contact us now.