Tempest Executive are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an Interim Assistant Director – Operations and Transformation for a period of initially 3 months with opportunity to extend. The client is looking for someone who has a good track record of delivery at AD and Senior Level, is an experienced political operator and has experience of working in organisations with a strong trade union presence. They are looking for someone who can build key relationships quickly, including managing a team through a period of substantial change.
The post will temporarily supervise the current management structure in the Operational Division of the HASC directorate whilst supporting the AD for Operations and Transformation to phase back into their full time role following an extended period of absence. The post will also provide an additional resource for the Directorate Management team in key projects being undertaken in Adult Social Care.
Health and Adult Social Care is undergoing a period of substantial change, undertaking a 3 year transformation programme to deliver a strengths based approach to the way services are delivered and deliver an effective evidence based programme that will drive up efficiencies and performance. Adult Social Care Assessment is currently undergoing an extensive service redesign as part of this, as well as moving toward a Hybrid Way of Working and responding to the demands of Covid.
The interim Assistant Director of Operations will provide the strategic focus, in delivering Assessment services across hospital, community and mental health services, to deliver on the following specific areas
- Line management of the General Managers who oversee the operational delivery of assessment services for the City, including leading weekly team meetings and being the key link for General Managers to the Directorate Management team.
- Responding to Councillor Enquiries, Media Enquiries and MP enquiries promptly on behalf of Operations services, involving other stakeholders where needed
- Oversee the continued implementation of Resource Panels to monitor and improve the referral process, including Chairing on a rota with the Directorate Management Team and referring cases to the Head of Professional Practice where needed. The post will also sign off on authorisations outside of this process if required.
- To hold accountability for key decision making and risk management at AD level. To represent the Operations service at Directorate Management meetings, working with other ADs to ensure collegiate working at senior level across the Directorate. To oversee a £45 million budget, ensure that variance is monitored and any risks are identified.
- To support the AD of Operations to phase back into the full time role by providing the link to the day to day running of the service.
- To support the Interim AD for Transformation on the delivery of the Modernisation Programme by working on discreet projects.
For further information or to discuss similar roles please contact Charlotte Newton email@example.com
Tempest Executive’s consultants are Local Government specialists in their sectors with more than 50 years combined experience. Our extensive network and understanding of our clients’ and candidates’ needs, means that we consistently place the best candidates in hard-to-fill roles within short time frames. We provide value for money and a first class aftercare service. To find out more about what we can offer, contact us now.